Wednesday, September 4, 2019


Onora tua Madre is the life story of Celestina Coianiz. Although you do not know her, this story can give you several lessons about life. This is an inside look of a person who came to America from Italy after World War II. She expected much more from America that she ever received. This is the story of my mother’s life and how she struggled through the abuse that she never imagined.

Too many this may seem like just another story about domestic abuse. However it’s important to see how others handle it, in this case how she handled it. At times I even questioned her thought process. When I found out why, it was clear why she stayed.

This is also a story of how a mother truly gave all and did all for her children. Her only concern was for us children and our safety. Although it makes me sad to look back at the life she had, I know it was rich from our love.

No comments:

Post a Comment